World-first Scottish crisps spark social media frenzy
Thursday, June 18th, 2020
on behalf of Mackie's Crisps
Reveal of the new “Lorne Sausage and Brown Sauce” flavour devoured by the media thanks to food and drink PR
WHEN it comes to the crunch, the most effective way of getting Scotland talking about your new product across social media is through expertly-delivered, integrated media relations.
The launch of Mackie’s Crisps’ latest “world first” limited-edition flavour of crisps has caused a huge reaction across Scotland’s most highly engaged social media channels, yielding some astonishing outcomes for the brand and generating huge excitement as it hits shelves.
We devised a story and rollout that was designed to ignite a debate as to the proper name of a “Lorne” sausage, as well as the condiment of choice.
This yielded extensive coverage across the channels, ensuring a staggering number of Scots will have had their appetites whetted by the new evocative flavour.
With just 150,000 150g bags made, we’re working alongside Mackie’s Crisps to ensure they won’t hang around long, generating the following highlights:
- Huge reach of 2,681,632 people across all coverage (figures from Kantar Media)
- Wall to wall social media coverage, shared by media outlets with more than 1.3million combined followers and garnering huge numbers of likes, shares and comments
- 60 items of coverage in total (and counting) including throughout Scotland’s biggest selling national and Sunday newspapers, including The Sun, The Metro, The Daily Record, The Sunday Post and The Scotsman
- Major online coverage across a multitude of platforms
- Coverage and follow up interview feature primed with the most influential outlets in Mackie’s home region (The Courier and The Press and Journal)
- A feature in print in The Grocer, widely-regarded as THE influential outlet in the world of FMCG
- A further feature lined up with The Grocer across its instagram channel, by providing an image of the new bag against a plain backdrop
- In one single week, the coverage frenzy boosted Facebook likes for Mackie’s Crisps by more than 500
The original press releases can be read here: https://www.holyroodpr.co.uk/not-so-square-food-and-drink-pr/
Can your firm benefit from expert food and drink PR?
We’d love to help tell your story to the world with effective media relations, social media support, video and content creation.
To get in touch, simply contact us on 0131 561 2244 or by using the form below:
Chris Fairbairn is an Account Director with award-winning public relations agency Holyrood PR. He is part of an expert PR team delivering PR services to a wide range of clients from headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland.View Chris's Profile
Thursday, July 2nd, 2020
Comments Off on Rare opportunity for househunters to fast track to a brand new home after lockdown
Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
Comments Off on Bield Completes Top Team with Two New Senior Management Appointments