MACIEK SZYMIK USES SCOTTISH PRODUCE TO CREATE AN ECLECTIC DISH IN ONE OF JERBA’S VW TRANSPORTERS
FOLLOWING a visit to Grazing, where Mark Greenaway prepared a delicious baby roast chicken, Maciek Szymik is the next chef to rise to the campervan cooking challenge.
Jerba’s Gastrotour across Scotland continues, stopping by Edinburgh food-scene favourite, New Chapter. Head Chef Maciek uses local ingredients to prepare a gorgeous dish of hand dived scallops with black pudding, cep mushrooms, chive buerre blanc, quails egg and black truffle. Jerba’s Gastrotour series once again shows you can produce restaurant-standard dishes without the need of a professional kitchen.
A stylish ingredient list, along with step-by-step instructions provided by Maciek, ensures the method is easily replicable at home. With the on-screen walkthrough and chef interaction, a video is incomparable to a written recipe. The episodes also offer a glimpse inside the bespoke campervans, each unique and adaptable to suit the needs of each customer. Stay tuned for the next stop!
Beurre blanc sauce
- Shallot x1
- 175g white wine
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 100g cold diced butter
- A table spoon of chopped chives
Rest of the dish
- Hand dived scallop x1
- A slice of black pudding from George Cockburn & Son in Dingwall
- Large cep mushroom x1
- Quail egg x1
- Black truffle
- 40g butter
- Garlic clove x2
- Sprig of thyme
- Chop and finely dice the shallot and add it to a saucepan
- Add a glass of white wine and 30ml of white wine vinegar to the pan
- Heat the pan on a medium heat until the liquid has reduced by two thirds
- Chop 100g of butter and slowly add to the pan whilst whisking into the sauce
- Finely chop the chives and stir into the pan with a pinch of salt then set the sauce aside
- Slice the black pudding and half the mushrooms
- Lightly season the scallops
- Add a little of olive oil into a frying pan on a medium heat and add the black pudding, mushrooms and scallops
- Crush some garlic and thyme and add to the pan
- Add about 40g of butter to the frying pan, turning the black pudding, scallop and cep as they start to colour so they are cooked evenly on both sides
- Fry the quail egg in a bit of oil on a medium heat and lightly season with salt
- To plate up, place the sauce on the bottom of your dish and add the black pudding, scallop and mushroom
- Place the fried quail egg on top of the scallop and finish the dish with some finely grated black truffle
Be sure to visit Jerba Campervans for regular updates on the Gastrotour.
At Holyrood PR, not only do we pride ourselves in creating quality content, we work to ensure it reaches the widest and most important audience. Our integrated campaigns are ideal for businesses, taking advantage of traditional media, social content and video to make sure your voice is heard
Visit our video gallery to see exactly what we can do for you.
WHY NOT GET IN TOUCH TO FIND OUT HOW FOOD AND DRINK VIDEO CAN BE BENEFICIAL TO YOUR BUSINESS?Contact Form