Jerba Campervans has embarked on a ‘Gastrotour’ of Scotland in a bid to get the country’s finest chefs and restaurateurs cooking up a storm in the back of one of its bespoke VW Transporter conversions.
North Berwick-based Jerba Campervans is taking to the road to visit chefs near the location of their acclaimed venues, challenging them to create simple, inspiring dishes using just the Jerba’s in-built hob or hot plate, which can be easily replicated at home or on the road.
The fourth chef is Roman Labat, of South Queensferry café and bistro, Down The Hatch, which has become hugely popular with its insta-worthy North American influenced food, made using the best Scottish ingredients.
He recreated its famed Philly Cheesesteak, using Orkney mature cheddar, rump steak and spices from Inverurie-based Angus & Oink
Recipe serves two:
200g sliced rump steak
1 green pepper
1⁄2 white onion
100g Orkney mature cheddar
1 tablespoon of Montreal spice from Angus & Oink
A drizzle of olive oil
- Wash the pepper and thinly slice the vegetables
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium/high heat and add in the steak with the Montreal spice
- Once the steak has started to colour, mix in the pepper and onion
- After the vegetables have started to soften, add in the mature cheddar
- Cover the pan with a lid for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and then mix everything together
- Cut the baguettes and place them open side down on top of the food until they are warmed through
- To plate up, fill the baguettes with the Philly mixture and tuck in
To find out more about Jerba Campervans, visit: www.jerbacampervans.co.uk
For more on its employee-ownership, visit: https://www.jerbacampervans.co.uk/employee-owned-company/
Can our award-winning food and drink PR team help your business?
We’d love to hear from you about the opportunities and obstacles for your business and give a free, no-strings consultation on how PR could help.
Getting in touch with our friendly PR team couldn’t be easier. Phone 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:Contact Form