In an increasingly competitive market the smallest touch can make a big difference to a business’ success or failure.
Scotland’s leading provider of uniforms and corporate wear has launched its Business Grooming Guide, explaining to companies why each tucked in shirt and neatly knotted tie can dramatically affect their image.
NKD Clothing provides bespoke uniforms for hospitality operators such as Malmaison, De Vere and Dakota hotel groups. Each company is supplied with a ‘how-to-wear’ step-by-step guide, as well as appearance guidelines.
Gill Eastgate, Managing Director of the Edinburgh- based £1.3 million-a-year business, said: “The tiniest, most minute, detail can make such a huge difference to the image of a company.
“Someone can wear top quality items but if they are creased and dirty then the whole look is ruined.
“These are increasingly challenging times and establishments need to be at the top of the game to survive. When customers pay for a luxury service they will expect the very best for their money. Staff are an extension of the brand and therefore need to portray this in a good way.”
Gill’s top ten grooming tips are:
• Clothes must be cleaned and ironed
• Impeccable personal hygiene is a must
• Wear garments that fit correctly – don’t squeeze into a smaller size
• Long hair to be tied up in a neat ponytail
• Trousers tailored to perfect length
• No garish jewellery
• Neatly knotted ties, worn at the correct length
• Clean hands and nails
• Wear socks that blend in with uniform
• Muted make-up and tidy facial hair
Gill added: “Staff image is a far from trivial matter as it is intertwined with corporate image – a key factor to success.”