Sweet coverage for summer ice cream sales
Thursday, October 11th, 2018
on behalf of Mackie's of Scotland
Mackie’s scoops coverage across the board with the help of consumer PR
AS THE mercury rose over the summer months, the nation turned to its favourite brand of luxury ice cream as a cool treat – Mackie’s of Scotland.
The Aberdeenshire firm reported that it had seen its most successful summer yet, breaking its 30+ year record for both sales and production.
Mackie’s sold 3,647,534 litres of ice cream over the summer quarter – enough to fill almost one and a half Olympic-sized swimming pools.
With approximately 10 scoops per litre, Mackie’s summer sales equate to over 36 million scoops or about 1.8 billion licks!
The story appealed to the sweet tooth of the media, resulting in some fantastic coverage for the Scottish ice cream favourite. The highlights included:
- A feature on BBC Radio Scotland’s ‘Good Morning Scotland’ programme with Mackie’s commercial director, Stuart Common
- Print and online coverage in two Scottish national publications – The Scotsman and The National
- Regional coverage in Aberdeen Evening Express
- Business coverage on BQ, SBNN and Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce – plus features in BQ and SBNN newsletters
- Total opportunities to see – 691,564
A high quality and interesting business success story cements Mackie’s reputation as the nation’s go-to ice cream brand. Hits in a range of media outlets also helps to reach wider audiences and highlights Mackie’s universal appeal to customers.
Read the original story here.
HOW COULD YOUR BUSINESS BENEFIT FROM THE CONSUMER PR EXPERTISE OF OUR PR AGENCY?
The team at Holyrood PR are always on hand to help your business tell its stories to the world. Get in touch with us today by calling us on 0131 561 2244 or by filling in the contact form below:
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019
Comments Off on State-of-the-art Glasgow Support Centre fills a gap for ambitious dental group
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.