Hotel PR experts help hospitality venue check into national coverage as restrictions ease
A CHARITABLE business, operating Edinburgh’s largest independent hotel alongside a host of other catering and event venues, has dominated national headlines for the duration of June.
Surgeons Quarter, which operates Ten Hill Place Hotel and Drinks & Dining Al Fresco, has celebrated its reopening and made a point to give back to its own industry which has struggled throughout the pandemic.
The month long stream of coverage was split into three separate stories including:
- The hotel reopening ahead of other venues as it was hosting medical exams for students which saw more than 2000 guests visit the venue throughout the month.
- Drink & Dining Al Fresco reopening when outdoor hospitality restrictions eased on the 26th April and was quickly added to lists of must visit places in Edinburgh.
- With staycations on the rise due to travel restrictions, Ten Hill Place Hotel launched its own ‘Scotcation’ a deal which gives 10% of its revenue to HIT Scotland and 10% to its own hospitality workers as a gratuity,
Our hotel PR team shared these stories with the media and achieved a host of results including:
- 39 items of coverage
- 1,360,773 opportunities to see
- A prime slot on the news bulletin for Radio Forth 1 and 2
- Impressive National coverage in The Scotsman, The National, Daily Record and MSN UK
- A host of specialist and business coverage in Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce, Scottish Business News, Travel Daily Media and CLH News
- Coverage local to Surgeons Quarter in Edinburgh Evening News (print and online), The Edinburgh Reporter and North Edinburgh News as well as All Edinburgh Media covering the story
This coverage promoting Surgeons Quarter’s venues and services to new and exisiting coverage with its extensive reach across all forms of media and in national, local, trade and business titles.
To extend the reach of these stories further, the Holyrood PR team pitched Scott Mitchell, Managing Director at Surgeons Quarter, to radio stations for an interview. This resulted in a great feature on Radio Forth discussing hotel demand as a result of the reopening of hospitality and upcoming festival.
To find out more about Surgeons Quarter and its services, visit https://www.surgeonsquarter.com/
If you want outstanding media success like this for your business, get in touch with our team of PR experts
Phone us on 0131 561 2244, or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you: