Style bar launch event and PR campaign adds up to outstanding influencer marketing
Sunday, February 6th, 2011
on behalf of Hyde Out style bar
Colourful, creative and comprehensive influencer marketing creates huge buzz about Hyde Out
FEW businesses are as dependent on positive buzz as new style bars – with fickle revellers making snap decisions on whether a venue is hot or not.
So, when a pair of ambitious young entrepreneurs planned to open a stunning new bar in Edinburgh’s emerging canal quarter, they turned to Holyrood PR to stoke up anticipation.
Despite its name, we ensured there was nothing shy and retiring about the opening of Hyde Out at. In fact, we made sure the stylish new bar opened with a blaze of publicity.
Having built up huge experience working with launches for the likes of the capital’s super stylish Tigerlily Hotel and the city’s first Italian-style Enoteca at Divino, we had exactly the right credentials.
Our team of pub and restaurant PR experts didn’t disappoint, creating huge amounts of coverage over six months, from the announcement of planning permission to the official launch party. During that time we delivered a jam-packed string of influencer marketing and PR successes which included:
- 50 significant items of media coverage, including national news outlets, important business titles, interior design magazines and a host of other influential publications
- Coverage worth at least £150,000 which created at least 2 million opportunities to see
- An innovative six-episode video diary – when vlogging was still in its infancy – to capture the transformation of the venue from empty shell to opening day
- Set up and ran all social media channels for the outlet, handing them over when the venue went live
- Conceived and delivered multiple photoshoots showcasing the interiors, the food and drink offering, the business owners and the creation of Hyde Out’s unique crystal chandelier
- Organised the influencers and media section of the guest list for the successful launch event and captured the 500 guests in pictures and video.
The upshot was a huge injection of media buzz and attention, which saw Hyde Out – despite its location on the fringes of the city centre – billed as a worthy new rival for the likes of Tigerlily and other style venues in the heart of Edinburgh.
Colour, creativity and innovation shone through the entire PR campaign and saw us achieve coverage on stories as diverse and varied as the choice of wallpaper, the credentials of the management team, the creation of a chandelier made from vintage wine glasses, the inspiration for the designers and the availability of the venue for New Year parties. We also dealt with numerous media review requests.
When Hyde Out advised us they hoped to attract business professionals from the nearby booming financial Edinburgh sector, we secured coverage in the most read business news titles which served that audience. We also conceived and delivered a “Favoured Few” VIP opening party invitation list for some of the biggest and most influential businesses in the area.
Our suggestion of providing a series of vintage paparazzi photographers to confront guests arriving at the launch party so delighted the Hyde Out team, they even made it a main feature of the party invitation.
The innovative six-part video diary attracted major attention, earning mentions in a number of influential news titles including Business 7 newspaper and BARkeeper magazine. In fact, Hyde Out’s videos racked up well over 3500 views on YouTube and many thousands more when shared across the bar’s social media channels.
As an added value service, we also secured and branded the venue’s Twitter and Facebook channels and from a standing start racked up 419 Facebook followers and 362 Twitter followers in just a few months. During that time our bright, engaging and shareable content notched up 100 highly positive Facebook interactions and 216 Twitter interactions, reaching a potential audience of tens of thousands.
Find out how influencer marketing could benefit your brand, launch event or campaign
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.