Three Linlithgow teenagers received media praise after they took on roles at Bield Housing and Care throughout lockdown
UNIVERSITY students, Katrina, Katie and Ellen, decided they would give back to their local community when their universities were closed over lockdown, gaining useful work experience at the same time.
The students provided invaluable service and help to the Bield at home team and made a positive impact on all of the families and residents.
As a result of our social care PR work, this story achieved the following highlights:
- 13 significant items of coverage
- Over 189,893 opportunities to see across Print, Online and Digital
- Students interviewed on That’s TV
- Impressive regional and national coverage in the Daily Record, Edinburgh Evening News, Deadline News, The Edinburgh Reporter and North Edinburgh News Blog
- Appearances in local and trade publications including Scottish Housing News and Linlithgow Gazette
- A feature in the University of Glasgow newsletter which is distributed to over 30,000 students
Bield Area Manager, Lorna Smith, thanked the students for their hard work saying “Katrina, Katie and Ellen provided an invaluable service to our hard-working team. They each approached this difficult, and in many ways vital role with enthusiasm and dedication.”
The Holyrood PR team contacted the three students and assembled four separate releases, three of which were regionalised in order of university.
Initial press coverage attracted the attention of TV channel That’s TV who wanted to interview the students about their experience with the Bield at Home team.
Not only does this coverage highlight the important work Bield do each day, but it also illustrates the importance social care has on those most vulnerable in our society.
On top of that, the coverage helps attract the best talent, and brightest opportunities in its sector.
Read the original story here.
Our team of social care PR experts are always on hand to help your business or organisation tell powerful stories to the right audiences.
Our PR service can help any organisation to raise its profile which helps bring in more business and build a happier more motivated workforce.
Getting in touch with us to find out how is easy. Phone us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you.