Leith Top up Tap one of the most successful launches to date, says Scottish Water
A country wide network of public Top up Taps has saved the equivalent of 250,000 plastic bottles through people topping up refillable bottles while on the move.
Tapping into this thirst for sustainability, Scottish PR experts at Holyrood PR were on hand to share this exciting milestone with the public. Our work resulted in an extremely happy client, who has received the greatest reaction on the launch of a Top up Tap to date – from both comms experts and the public!
- A two-minute broadcast feature on STV News at Six, including a full interview with Scottish Water’s Alan Thomson
- National print coverage in The Scotsman, the i, The Metro
- Regional coverage in the Evening Express, Press and Journal, Edinburgh Evening News and Edinburgh Live
- Local Edinburgh coverage across Edinburgh Reporter, City of Edinburgh Council
- Tweets from Edinburgh Live and Edinburgh Reporter
- 23 items of coverage in print, online and on social
- 579,259 opportunities for people to see (and celebrate) the country’s milestone achievement
- A package of picture perfect PR photographs
Top up Taps are a key part of Scottish Water’s Your Water Your Life campaign, which aims to encourage people to top up from the tap to benefit the planet, their health, and their pocket.
We worked with Scottish Water, Edinburgh Councillor Adam McVey, and Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham to create an engaging, celebratory press release to announce the news.
To craft the perfect press package, we organised a photocall at the latest Top up Tap to launch in Edinburgh – at Leith Links.
While we were organising the photocall, we decided to maximise our opportunities by reaching out to STV News to cover the story. We liaised with their environmental reporter Laura Piper and coordinated interviews with Councillor Adam McVey and Scottish Water’s Alan Thomson.
We attended the photocall to coordinate the images and interviews on the ground, resulting in a fantastic two minute broadcast feature and a package of photographs Scottish Water loved.
We issued the press release and package of photos to national, regional and local Edinburgh publications, and were flooded with coverage and positive social chatter about the new taps.
Celebrating this milestone with a major broadcast opportunity and engaging package of creative social and press content helps to raise Scottish Water’s profile, encouraging the public to think differently about their greatest natural resource: their country’s tap water.
Can our Public Sector PR experts help you with your business profile?
We have a team of expert PR professionals who work with a range of clients across all sectors. Interested in how we can help boost your organisation’s profile?
Getting in touch with us couldn’t be easier. Phone us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:Contact Form