Dream of Downsizing a Reality with Bield

by Stuart Milne

Thursday, January 12th, 2017

Property interior image by Scottish PR Agency

AN INNOVATIVE shared ownership scheme has been praised by a delighted downsizing home buyer – who says she has found the process of moving exceedingly straight forward.

Lorna Tatham, 72, who has recently moved into The Walled Gardens in St Andrews, was so amazed by the unrivalled levels of quality, choice and comfort for older buyers at this new development that she reserved an apartment straight away.

Having lived in North East Fife for 18 years, Lorna was well aware of what St Andrews could offer and was eager to remain in the area.

Lorna said: “I knew immediately that this is where I wanted to be. I hadn’t even sold my bungalow but I had to make a move right away and seal the deal.

“I was looking to downsize within St Andrews and The Walled Gardens offered everything I could have wanted.”

Taking advantage of The Walled Gardens Shared Ownership sales option, Lorna praised Bield, for its properties being built to an uncompromising standard specifically with older people in mind.

The new resident has moved into one of the two bedroom apartments which she says provides plenty of space for visits from her grandchildren and, of course her dog, Xander.

The collection of 78 one and two-bed luxury apartments are located just a few minutes from the vibrant town centre.

Caryn Innes, Head of Development at Bield, said: “Our aim was to create retirement homes that promote independence and help our customers to enjoy later life. We understand that our customer’s circumstances may change and The Walled

Gardens has been designed with that in mind, Shared ownership is an increasingly appealing option for people wishing to downsize and release equity for their retirement.

“The Walled Gardens offers a different approach – and more. It gives the buyer the chance to enjoy an exciting and liberating phase of their life while continuing to enjoy the freedom of independent living. “There are very few developments that can offer as much to older buyers, in terms of comfort, quality and finance, and I am delighted that Lorna has found her perfect home.” Lorna added: “Every aspect of the apartment has met my admittedly lofty expectations, it’s been an absolute dream.

“The layout is great, it’s easily maintained, noise from neighbours is rare and Bield did everything they could to accommodate my position both as a resident and financially.

“The move has made money sense for me, as the shared ownership scheme freed up a lot of equity for me and my payments on the remainder, are low and include some cleaning services and parking. Add into that how efficient the home is, I’m literally paying half of what I was before on energy, and you start to see what a great opportunity this is.”

The Walled Gardens is being marketed locally by Thorntons in St Andrews and the apartments are available on a highly affordable shared ownership basis – an increasingly appealing purchase arrangement.

Shared ownership offers the option to purchase a 75% share of the property with the remaining share being held by Bield. An occupancy charge is payable on any unsold shares. Buyers will have the option to purchase the remaining 25% in increments following a one-year qualifying period.

For more information on the development visit www.thewalledgardensstandrews.co.uk or calling selling agents Thorntons on 01334 474 200.

Headshot of Stuart Milne Holyrood PR Photography Shoot

Related Posts

So how can we help?

Essential business guide to powerful photography

Essential business guide to powerful photography

FREE!

Your business can perform even better with the help of powerful PR photography. Our simple and eye-catching guide explains how

Benefit from business video

Benefit from business video

Action!

Find out how affordable video can bring a host of benefits to your business.

Make an impact with PR photography

Make an impact with PR photography

Find out more

Every story can be told better with pictures. Discover our affordable, high-impact photo packages.

If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.

GET ON THE PRIORITY LIST

Keep ahead of your oppositions by getting the free tips, insights and secrets we share for businesses. Straight to your inbox, every month.
Email address
First Name
Last Name