Haggis Ice Cream is a Hit Across all Forms of Media, thanks to Food and Drink PR
CELEBRATING Rabbie Burns, Mackie’s of Scotland developed a limited edition haggis and marmalade ice cream for Burns Day, which was piped from Aberdeen’s Marischal College through front doors of Mackie’s flagship ice cream parlour – 19.2.
The ice cream was a big media success, with three newspaper hits, nine online features and a local radio station running the story. Together, this coverage gained a reach of 737,471. Social media also went crazy for the sweet treat, with tweets from well followed users celebrity tweets and forums going into overdrive.
Coverage highlights included:
– Tweets from popular blogger Lotty Earns (29.4k) and Trainspotting actor Kevin McKidd (13.8k), with McKidd also posting on Facebook
– Printed in the well circulated Daily Record and Evening Express
– Online coverage from STV, the Sunday Post, the Herald, Scottish Field and the Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
– Strong presence on the North Eastern news cycle, with multiple mentions on North Sound radio as well as print and online coverage through the Evening Express
– The story was discussed at length on popular online forum Reddit
An exciting story like this needs to reach a large audience across important publications, so we were proud to get Mackie’s on the public’s radar, creating excitement and buzz about their controversial Burns-themed flavour.
Not only does the coverage we secure reach and create a potential customer base, but it also highlights the company’s ability to engage across all forms of media, portraying Mackie’s of Scotland as a leading brand in the food and drink industry.
WANT TO FIND OUT HOW OUR TEAM OF FOOD AND DRINK PR EXPERTS IN SCOTLAND COULD INJECT YOUR BUSINESS WITH MEDIA SUCCESS?
The team at Holyrood PR are always on hand to help your business tell its stories to the world. Get in touch with us today by calling us on 0131 561 2244 or by filling in the contact form below:Contact Form