Retirement apartments snapped up with appealing ownership scheme

by Emma Lourie

Monday, August 31st, 2020

Success for Scottish retirement home

social care PR 31 AUG Shared Ownership

Luxury retirement apartments in Scotland is helping those looking for a flexible option to buying a new home in order to release equity in their later years.

The Walled Gardens in St Andrews is giving prospective buyers the option of Shared Ownership where they can initially purchase a 75% share (based on open market value) of the property and the remaining 25% share can be purchased after one year.

Since the scheme was introduced at The Walled Gardens ten owners have jumped at the opportunity to increase their share and have opted for outright ownership, amplifying the appeal and long-term potential of the development.

Coleen Clark, Development & Sales Co Ordinator at Bield, said: “Shared Ownership is a great way for those looking to downsize or retire to purchase a luxury apartment, in an ideal location, it’s a fantastic way to release equity to live life to the full in your later years.

“We also offer an assisted move package which gives buyers one less thing to worry about when relocating. This incentive covers the home report, marketing and estate agency costs while achieving the current market valuation for your property.

“Most people find the cost of shared ownership properties cheaper per month than the equivalent property rented privately, which means you might be able to reduce your monthly outgoings whilst building your equity, and enjoying all the benefits of living in a new build home.

“We encourage those interested in shared ownership to get in touch as it’s an ideal way to have access to ready cash whilst retaining the security and investment potential of ownership.”

A similar development, Cyprian court in Lenzie has been extremely popular with all 24 selling off-plan and has been a runner up in the national ‘Inside Housing Award 2019’.  For more information on our developments under shared ownership scheme visit

The Walled Gardens is marketed by Thornton’s. To find out more about the development or book a private or virtual viewing, visit: or call Thorntons, St Andrews, on 01334 474200.

Prices start at £182,625.

Do you think your business could benefit from our team of social care PR experts?

Getting in touch couldn’t be easier. Phone us on 0131 561 2244, or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message

    Emma Lourie is an Account Executive at Edinburgh Public Relations agency, Holyrood PR in Scotland

    Emma Lourie

    Account Executive, Emma Lourie, is a part of the award-winning PR agency, Holyrood PR - based in Edinburgh, Scotland.

    View Emma's Profile

    Related Posts

    So how can we help?

    Meet the team

    Meet the team

    Our people

    Meet the people who make Holyrood PR what it is, and get an insight into what makes them tick

    Make an impact with PR photography

    Make an impact with PR photography

    Find out more

    Every story can be told better with pictures. Discover our affordable, high-impact photo packages.

    If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.


    Keep ahead of your opposition by getting the free tips, insights and secrets we share for businesses. Straight to your inbox, every month.
    Email address
    First Name
    Last Name