Quirky plant care video blossoms into social media success across multiple platforms
Thursday, January 14th, 2021
on behalf of Scottish Water
Plant expert’s top tips reached more than 2,750 users on social thanks to digital PR experts
AS WE focus on bringing life and greenery to our WFH desks, houseplant sales have skyrocketed – but do we really know how to care for our plants?
By conceiving, planning and issuing a press release and video package for our client, Scottish Water, with houseplant experts from GREEN. MEADOWS, we successfully showcased some top water-saving tips to help keep house plants healthy and green, while keeping water usage to a minimum during winter.
- Reaching more than 3,000 users across social media
- Multiple shares across Scottish Water, GREEN. MEADOWS, and our own channels – ensuring we reached a varied audience
- More than 600 impressions from a single Tweet
- 141 ‘likes’ across our own Holyrood PR social shares
- 1,842 video views on GREEN. MEADOWS’ Instagram alone
For Scottish Water:
- More than 300 views across Instagram stories
- Reaching 939 users on Instagram, generating 49 likes
- Reaching 2,405 users across Facebook, with 460 video views
- 3,269 impressions on Twitter, with more than 500 video views
- 4,032 impressions on LinkedIn, garnering 1,020 views and 25 reactions
Our client, Scottish Water’s Your Water Your Life campaign, aims to encourage us how to be more mindful of our water usage in all areas of our lives, and we’re always looking for opportunities to showcase that water-saving knowledge where possible.
When we saw that lockdown and working from home had driven up the sales in houseplants, we knew this would be a fantastic opportunity to work with a local plant shop on some water-wise tips and tricks to keep plants healthy while reducing our water usage.
With overwatering one of the top concerns for customers at GREEN. MEADOWS in Edinburgh, we worked with owner Andrew Forbes on some plant care advice for winter through a press release and social content – which he used to film the below video for the complete digital package.
Not only are we helping to spread the Your Water Your Life campaign’s name, messaging and water-saving tips with press and readers, we’re also directly engaging with a new audience of potential followers and building a community via social media.
Are you interested in how our digital PR experts can help you engage with your followers?
Getting in touch with our team couldn’t be easier. Simply give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few minutes to fill in the form below and one of us will get straight back to you:
Thursday, April 8th, 2021
Comments Off on Edinburgh hotel steals a march on opening thanks to medical exam tie-up