Lifelong Sweethearts Make Huge Media Splash Thanks to PR Photography
Tuesday, February 14th, 2017
on behalf of Bupa Care Services
Wartime couple win headlines with their amazing love story – and a helping hand from PR photography
A ROMANTIC couple reached millions of people with their inspiring story of love blossoming amid the carnage of the Second World War – thanks to the power of effective public relations.
The tale of how Scots soldier John Mackay, 96, met concentration camp survivor Edith (known as Eci), 92, in war-ravaged Europe caught the media imagination as the couple celebrated their 71st Valentine’s Day together.
Our Scottish PR agency spotted the heartwarming potential of the couple’s amazing love story, because they now live in a care home – and we provide PR services to the providers, Bupa Care Homes.
As well as digging out the story, interviewing the home manager and the couple’s devoted family we also arranged portrait photography of John and Eci, working with Scotland’s Press Photographer of the Year. In fact, this photography assignment was one of the first delivered as part of our exclusive photography discount deal, available throughout February 2017.
The results generated by this story and picture package were stellar. Successes included:
- At least 35 items of coverage across broadcast, national and regional print and online titles within hours of the story and pics being issued.
- Major UK titles including The Metro shared to enormous audiences across social media
- Front page splashes in The Courier and Daily Express, with follow-on full page spreads within the paper
- Broadcast coverage on STV News
- Reaching a potential audience of 12,646,027 readers
- Reaching the UK’s most influential national media including Daily Express, Daily Mail, The Metro, The Independent, The Times, the Telegraph and the Huffington Post
- Further sizeable articles in less commonly reached titles, including Cosmopolitan, the New Zealand Herald and the Indian Times, therefore spreading the hugely positive piece around the world
- Important coverage in trade publications which have a wide audience of key care industry figures, including The Carer UK, Care Industry News and Posability Magazine
For Bupa, securing coverage in a host of UK nationals is a huge success, as it ensures the group’s positive news is told as widely as possible. The pick of the press in this instance was the Daily Mail Online, which has a staggering potential readership of well over the two million mark, as well as the front page splash in the Daily Express, which reaches an impressive audience of more than 55,000 in Scotland.
If you want to find out how our cost-effective and award-winning PR photography during February 2017, visit our photography discount offer and fill out the simple form.
Why is this so important? Because Bupa Care Homes all across the UK are vital parts of their local community. Those using or choosing care services need and want to know that such homes not only provide care, but that they take an active interest in the needs and interests and wider welfare of their users.
This story – and its extensive coverage – helps tell people looking out for their loved ones, that Bupa is the kind of care provider which goes the extra mile.
Thanks to our PR efforts, millions of readers across the world know the story of John, a commando during the Second World War, and how he met Hungarian Eci after his unit liberated a column of Jewish female prisoners destined for a concentration camp.
Want to take advantage of some discount PR photography? We’ve got a special offer running throughout February. Fill in our form below:
Dozens of clients have earned amazing media coverage thanks to the blend of story spotting and photography skills offered by the expert PR team at our Scottish public relations agency, Holyrood PR.
If you want to find out how our range of services can deliver amazing results for your business, please phone us at any time on 0131 561 2244 (we’re a chatty bunch), or take a few seconds to complete the simple form, below, and we’ll get straight back to you:
Thursday, January 24th, 2019
Comments Off on Revival of the spot where Rabbie Burns got engaged, captures the heart of the nation
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.