Career Opportunity – Assistant Videographer
Assistant Videographer (Three Month Living Wage Placement)
Holyrood PR is looking for an assistant videographer for summer 2019, on an initial paid three-month placement.
As a multi-award-winning PR agency based in Edinburgh, we’ve been running for more than 15 years, and for most of that time we’ve offered videography services – with it becoming a core part of our business.
Recent growth is allowing us to offer a rare opportunity for an emerging videography or film student to get their foot in the door – with a living wage three month initial placement.
Holyrood PR’s success over the years is a combination of hard work and dedication, and a positive, fun team spirit that engenders creative thinking.
We operate across Scotland, with a wide range of clients including blue-chip names, such as Scottish Water, CALA Homes, Mackie’s of Scotland, Skyrora and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, to name but a few.
We’re looking for someone who can fit in with the same enthusiasm, be assured and confident – but ultimately willing to learn, adapt and spark creativity in others.
While we can’t guarantee a full-time permanent role at the end of the contract, it is our ultimate desire to find somebody who could step up to the task.
With the desired start date of May/June 2019, we are looking for a videographer assistant who will:
– Assist in filming and editing client-based work
– Assist in preproduction and communication with clients
– Assist in delivering various administrative tasks related to video work
– Produce regular promotional video & photography content for Holyrood PR
– Occasionally assist the digital team with designing visual content for the website and social media
– Learn about Adobe Creative Suite applications, video production with HD video camcorders, DSLR, Action cameras, 360 cameras, video editing, motion graphics and video distribution
To thrive in the role, you will require:
– A passion for creating video content and visual content in general
– A drive to contribute and collaborate on fun and exciting projects by applying own experience and knowledge of successful content
– A desire to learn and develop new video and photography skills through their work
– A creative mindset and a keen eye for detail
– A high problem-solving ability
– Experience in managing workloads across multiple projects
– Experience in delivering work to strict brief deadlines
– Great interpersonal communication skills between team members and clients
– A full UK driving licence or open to pass it as soon as possible.
Our desired candidate will have:
– Ideally, a degree in film / video / media studies (or close to graduating)
– Experience in pre-production to post-production of at least two video projects
– Knowledge and understanding of exposure settings using DSLR or video cameras
– Basic understanding of video editing
– Experience with Adobe Creative suite applications such as Premiere Pro, After Effect and Photoshop
– In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms that support video and photography such as, but not limited to, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, WordPress.
If your ambitions match our requirements and you feel like you’d make a great fit, please get in touch at [email protected], with your CV, a short, tailored cover letter, and a link to an example of video work.
Initial closing date for applications: 10 May 2019
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.