Video Career Opportunity – Assistant Videographer, Edinburgh
Assistant Videographer at Holyrood PR Agency in Edinburgh
We are on the hunt for an Assistant Videographer to join our video team – someone looking for their first break into a diverse and exciting industry, who has the talent, drive and work ethic to see their career flourish at breakneck speed.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of £16,000 – but with the prospects for further, rapid growth.
The successful candidate will report to our Senior Videographer from Capture Media, offering the chance to work on high profile clients such as CALA Homes and Mackie’s of Scotland, as well as being part of the team which won Silver in Outstanding PR Agency of the year in the CIPR Pride Awards 2017.
As Assistant Videographer you will specifically:
- Learn about Adobe Creative Suite applications, video production with HD video camcorders, DSLR, Action cameras, 360 cameras, video editing, graphic animation and video distribution
- Enjoy a high level of on-the-job, practical training and career advancement, including an annual training budget of £750
- Work on various challenging projects for a wide range of clients across the country
- Be a part of a fun, creative team
Whether you have experience in making video or are just interested, we are looking for someone with:
- A full UK driver’s License (or in process of passing).
- The drive to contribute and collaborate on fun and exciting projects by applying own experiences and knowledge of successful content.
- A passion about creating visual content using photography and video equipment.
- An eagerness to develop and hone new video and photography skills through their work.
- A keen eye for detail and capturing creative moments.
- An innate ability to solve problems.
- Experience in managing workloads across multiple projects.
- Great interpersonal communication between team members and clients.
- Good organisational and research skills.
- An interest to learn about new video technology and experiment in new ways.
- Experience in following and delivering work to a strict brief and deadlines.
Our desirable candidate will have:
- Ideally, educated to degree level in film/video/media studies
- Experience in pre-production to post-production of at least two video projects
- Knowledge and understanding of exposure settings using DSLR or video cameras
- Basic understanding of video editing.
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite applications such as Premiere Pro, After Effect and Photoshop
- In-depth Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms that support video and photography such as but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, WordPress.
If your ambitions match our requirements, make sure to get in touch with [email protected], sending your CV and a cover letter. Applications provisionally close 24 November 2017.
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.