The masters of office makeovers show that first impressions count – thanks to instant PR success
Monday, May 13th, 2019
on behalf of Project Work and Other Clients
Refit and refurb experts at SJS see its profile boosted with a fix of instant PR results
IN A WORLD where image and first impressions are so important, SJS is the firm which ensures that offices, shops, hotels, bars and other business premises have a real wow factor.
As a result, its team of property fit-out, refurbishment and bespoke joinery experts have enjoyed exceptional growth – culminating in a record year with £12m turnover.
To celebrate that milestone, the company decided to give its own media profile a makeover – and called in the property PR experts at our award-winning public relations agency to help deliver immediate PR results.
As part of a superb package of integrated PR services, we provided SJS with a new corporate video to brighten up the company website and a suite of photographs of key staff.
But most important was our dynamic media release which generated a whopping 21 items of coverage, creating more than 400,000 opportunities for potential customer to see news of SJS’s record turnover.
Those multiple media successes included:
- An article on the Scotsman.com the wildly successful online version of Scotland’s most globally influential quality newspaper
- Features on top business sites, Business Insider, Daily Business and High Growth Scotland read by the nation’s leading business figures.
- Online articles on trade sites, Scottish Construction Now, Building and Construction Design, and Project Scotland all highly influential among potential suppliers and job hunters
- An article in the influential East Lothian Courier, covering the company’s heartland where it is based
- Coverage on hyperlocal news site, The Edinburgh Reporter , which enjoys a wide readership across digital, social media and print
- A host of shares across Facebook and Twitter, with over 15,000 opportunities to see the news on social media alone
- Mentions in dedicated email newsletters issued by Business Insider, High Growth Scotland, Daily Business and the Edinburgh Reporter – which land directly in the inboxes of thousands of Scotland’s business influencers and decision makers.
How did we achieve all of this lovely, high-impact media exposure for SJS?
Firstly, we helped them identify the elements of their business story which would make the greatest impression on the media – including record financial performance and the appointment of four directors to the senior management team, including three internal promotions.
Then we interviewed chief executive Craig Murie (pictured) to gather his insights, capture his authentic tone of voice and help distil down that information into a series of powerful key messages that would cut through with the media.
Finally, we worked with the SJS team to plan, shoot and edit a snappy and visually appealing video to help they tell the company’s business story, while also making sure there were a selection of media-friendly images to accompany the media release.
Once we had pulled together that package of words, pictures and video it was simply a matter of issuing it to exactly the right people from our impressive and extensive media contact book. And boom – the media success came rolling in.
Good things come to those who wait – but sometimes what you really want is instant PR success
Many businesses which are considering investing in public relations understandably want to see a very quick return on that investment.While it isn’t always possible, we have repeatedly delivered instant PR results for a wide range of clients in a diverse range of sectors. That helps settle a client and let’s them know that our PR agency can deliver what they need and want.
We’d love the chance to discuss your business challenges – and to explain how our range of PR services could deliver a quick fix of instant PR results as part of a long term campaign.
Getting in touch with us couldn’t be easier. Call us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form, below, and we’ll get straight back to you:
Scott Douglas is the co-founder of the multi award-winning Holyrood PR, renowned public relations agency in Edinburgh, Scotland.
As well as providing expert PR services in Scotland and the UK, the former journalist heads a team which offers a host of other professional media services.
Those include crisis management PR, photography for business PR, affordable business video, social media campaigns and strategic content planning and delivery for businesses of all sizes.
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.