Biscoff sauce tap at ice cream parlour wows the internet (with a wee bit of digital PR help)
AN EVER-flowing tap of delicious Biscoff sauce has helped a renowned indulgent treats company to make a huge splash online.
Ice cream and chocolate maker Mackie’s of Scotland unveiled the Biscoff tap at its parlour in Aberdeen, with our food and drink PR experts igniting the story and launching an online tsunami of attention.
We’ve consistently helped Mackie’s to tell it’s stories to the world – and with the Biscoff tap that included:
- Immense reach on popular viral news site, Tyla where it was the number on trending story
- Huge shares across Tyla’s Facebook and Twitter channels – which boast 7 million+ followers
- Further amazing reach on the Facebook page of another viral news site, Pretty Little Thing (2 million followers) garnering more than a thousand reactions and comments and 100 shares (and counting)
- A total audience reach of 10,671,810
- Online news coverage in regional and national publications such as the Scotsman’s dedicated Food and Drink website, Evening Express and Deadline.
- A huge bump in Likes, shares and other engagements across all Mackie’s social media channel
Combined across Tyla and Pretty Little Thing the story and pictures of the Biscoff tap garnered thousands of engagements from readers wowed by the concept.
All of this is even before we start talking about the extensive coverage in the mainstream media, with the story also being picked up a by a host of news titles, including the Daily Star and The Scotsman. Many of those also shared the story on their social media channels, further extending the online reach.
Mackie’s is always innovating with quirky flavours and was quick to spot the potential for a Biscoff sauce, as 2020 has been an amazing year for the brand.
For its 19.2 parlour in Aberdeen’s Marischal Square, which has recently reopened for takeaway and delivery following lockdown, it is a welcome profile-boost as it welcomes customers old and new.
Although Biscoff was once known for little more than tasty biscuits given on the side of coffee saucers on on aeroplanes, it has hit the mainstream this year with a range of tasty spreads.
The tap story is just the latest viral success we have delivered across the suite of Mackie’s products. We’ve also delivered massive reach for a range of stories – from the launch of its original peanut butter tap, to the unveiling of its lorne sausage and brown sauce flavoured crisps.
Treat yourself by exploring how our digital PR experts could deliver results like this for your business
We’d love the chance to find out about the opportunities and obstacles facing your business and to advise how our range of PR services could help.
Getting in touch with us couldn’t be easier. Phone us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you