Mackie's Experience Boost from Food and Drink PR
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016
on behalf of Mackie's of Scotland
One year on and celebrating the success of Mackie’s Solar Farm by harvesting media coverage.
SCOTLAND’S largest and first private farm reached the milestone of one full year of green energy production.
In the last year, Mackie’s of Scotland created enough green energy required to make the equivalent of 3.3million litres of ice cream. Their ten acre site also includes four wind turbines (totalling 3MW), a smaller array of solar panels fitted on the byre roof, and a further 400 kW of heating power for the office and houses comes from a biomass plant, ensuring a good mix of power types.
As one of our most valued clients, making sure the world learned of the success of the solar farm was of key importance to our client and therefore our team. We tailored and crafted a bespoke release and targeted key local, regional and national titles as well as industry publications.
Food and Drink PR success followed with several pieces of coverage both online and in print creating an astounding 1,890,522 opportunities to see.
- 18 items of media coverage – 1,890,522 opportunities to see
- Key national coverage with The Herald and The Scotsman sharing the story online and in print – accessing readers that receive their news fromeither platform.
- Scottish Business News Network and Business Quarter Magazine – reaching other business minded individuals
- Great pick up from many regional titles such as the The Courier, the Press and Journal, and Aberdeen Evening Express increasing the reach to all the locals of Mackie’s farm.
- Important renewable energy publications the Solar Power Portal and Energy Voice published the story on their websites ensuring like minded eco-warriors could hear of the successful wind farm.
Do you have a business that wants to experience Food and Drink PR success?
If you want to share your celebrations with impressive coverage, get in touch with our award winning agency.
We believe stories are at the heart of every business – and if told in an engaging way to the right people help businesses to be more profitable. Get in touch with us by calling 0131 561 2244 or by filling out the wee form below:
So how can we help?
Benefit from business videoAction!
Find out how affordable video can bring a host of benefits to your business.
Meet the teamOur people
Meet the people who make Holyrood PR what it is, and get an insight into what makes them tick
Make an impact with PR photographyFind out more
Every story can be told better with pictures. Discover our affordable, high-impact photo packages.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.