Mackie’s of Scotland is flavour of the month in key business press, as PR experts help generate tasty headlines
MACKIE’S of Scotland is bucking industry trends for ice cream sales – and the business press loves it.
New research showed the family firm is beating sector expectations and picking up new business as consumers incrasingly favour luxury desserts.
While pan-global ice cream makers are stuttering, the most recent report by the market intelligence agency, Mintel, showsthat Mackie’s has grown its UK market share to two per cent – with an 8.3 per cent increase in value of sales at the checkout.
This business success story, of a Scottish challenger taking a bite at the market share of the multinationals, proved a major hit in Scotland’s most influential business media, with four key indigenous business newspapers running the story on the same day – with images and large features in each. This included:
- Coverage in the Press and Journal, the renowned quality title which is considered a must read among the business community across the north of Scotland, including Aberdeenshire, the Highlands, the Western Isles, Shetland and Orkney. It is also Scotland’s biggest selling qaulity daily title.
- The story also featured in The Scotsman, one of Scotland’s most historic titles with a name recognised across the world. As well as appearing in the print edition, the story appeared on the title’s widely read and respected online edition.
- Positive headlines also appeared in The Herald, another historic titan of the Scottish media scene which reaches an influential audience of business leaders, academics and agenda-setters, both in print and online
- Glowing coverage in The National – Scotland’s newest quality news title – which reaching a wide audience across Scotland, particularly those aligned with the SNP-led Scottish Government. Again, the coverage was online and in print.
- Key business titles the Daily Business Group and the Scottish Business News Network (subscription required) also ran the story – ensuring the Mackie’s success story also cut through in the most exciting new digital channels for business leaders.
- At the time of posting, further coverage was also beginning to appear in local websites and food and drink coverage in ‘longer lead’ titles is expected in the coming weeks.
We provide a varied and multilateral PR service for Mackie’s of Scotland. Read how we channeled on-trend recipe videos to help them deliver digital success – and lasting user friendly multimedia.
Do you want Food and Drink PR success that reaches a wide and varied audience?
Get in touch with our Edinburgh PR agency on 0131 561 2244 or by using the form below: