Mackie’s gets social with help of food and drink PR
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
on behalf of Mackie's of Scotland
Scottish ice-cream brand’s hot year of success secures widespread media coverage
Leading Scottish food brand, Mackie’s of Scotland has celebrated a record year of success, with an annual turnover of nearly £14 million.
Thanks to boosted ice cream sales and the production of its own renewable energy on-site at its Aberdeenshire farm, Mackie’s went from strength to strength during the financial year ending May 2018 – resulting in the company’s turnover increasing by 13% on the previous year.
We shared the news of the confectionary firm’s success with national and industry titles, securing a total of 15 items of coverage across traditional media and digital outlets.
- Coverage in The Times and The Scotsman – read by some of the most influential figures in business
- A feature in top regional title, The Press and Journal – with a readership of over 48,000
- Coverage in The Ellon Times and The Inverurie Herald, ensuring Mackie’s key messages are heard in the communities near to its Aberdeenshire farm
- Articles on Energy Voice and ReNews, leading sites in the energy sector
- A host of posts across social media, including a share of the story in a Facebook group dedicated to renewable energy – who’s 20,000 members were able to view the story
- A total of nearly 500,000 opportunities to hear the news of Mackie’s record-breaking year
Sharing the financial success of Mackie’s is vital in maintaining its position as a leading business in Scotland’s consumer economy.
By sharing the news with publications in the renewable sector, we were able to spread the word of Mackie’s ‘sky to scoop ethos’ – meaning that everything from dairy products to packaging is produced on site, including 70% of the firm’s energy generated on the farm – to an engaged and relevant audience.
Why not find out what our food and drink agency could serve up for your business?
Getting in touch couldn’t be easier. Simply give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill in the form below and one of the team will get straight back to you:
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.