Mackie’s gets social with help of food and drink PR
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
on behalf of Mackie's of Scotland
Scottish ice-cream brand’s hot year of success secures widespread media coverage
Leading Scottish food brand, Mackie’s of Scotland has celebrated a record year of success, with an annual turnover of nearly £14 million.
Thanks to boosted ice cream sales and the production of its own renewable energy on-site at its Aberdeenshire farm, Mackie’s went from strength to strength during the financial year ending May 2018 – resulting in the company’s turnover increasing by 13% on the previous year.
We shared the news of the confectionary firm’s success with national and industry titles, securing a total of 15 items of coverage across traditional media and digital outlets.
- Coverage in The Times and The Scotsman – read by some of the most influential figures in business
- A feature in top regional title, The Press and Journal – with a readership of over 48,000
- Coverage in The Ellon Times and The Inverurie Herald, ensuring Mackie’s key messages are heard in the communities near to its Aberdeenshire farm
- Articles on Energy Voice and ReNews, leading sites in the energy sector
- A host of posts across social media, including a share of the story in a Facebook group dedicated to renewable energy – who’s 20,000 members were able to view the story
- A total of nearly 500,000 opportunities to hear the news of Mackie’s record-breaking year
Sharing the financial success of Mackie’s is vital in maintaining its position as a leading business in Scotland’s consumer economy.
By sharing the news with publications in the renewable sector, we were able to spread the word of Mackie’s ‘sky to scoop ethos’ – meaning that everything from dairy products to packaging is produced on site, including 70% of the firm’s energy generated on the farm – to an engaged and relevant audience.
Why not find out what our food and drink agency could serve up for your business?
Getting in touch couldn’t be easier. Simply give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill in the form below and one of the team will get straight back to you:
Monday, July 6th, 2020
Comments Off on Biscoff Sauce Wows Customers at Ice Cream Parlour’s Ever-flowing Tap
Thursday, July 2nd, 2020
Comments Off on Rare opportunity for househunters to fast track to a brand new home after lockdown
Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
Comments Off on Bield Completes Top Team with Two New Senior Management Appointments
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.