The bells of St Clements ring out as Mackie’s new flavour and winter trend report scoop up some great coverage
COVERAGE in the Scotsman, Press and Journal and Scottish Grocer was the 99 on top of a great week for Mackie’s of Scotland.
A Sweet Surprise
Mackie’s winter trends report revealed that Scots won’t let the chilly weather curb their love for Ice-cream, as it was recorded that people buy almost as much Ice-cream during the winter months as they do in the warmer months.
Reporting an increase in revenues during the colder months of 8% year on year showed an interesting change in consumer habits.
Oranges and lemons gain zesty coverage
Mackie’s also revealed a new St Clements Ripple flavour Ice-cream, a Sicilian lemon flavoured ice-cream rippled with an all-natural orange sauce as an ode to the childhood Rhyme “The Bells of St Clements”.
This exciting new flavour release joined the winter trends release in grabbing the media’s attention.
All in all these two stories generated:
- Both stories featured in Scottish Grocer – a trade title that speaks directly to its target markets- a tasty result for Mackie’s and for Food and Drink PR.
- The Press and Journal, the country’s biggest regional paper, scored heartland coverage for Mackie’s
- This scoop was featured prominently in The Scotsman in print and online – one of the country’s best respected titles
- A total of 829,996 readers across both stories
- Six juicy pieces of coverage in total
- Coverage in the Scottish Sun – Scotland’s most read paper – with 699,000 readers
On top of this delicious coverage the team were lucky enough to try St Clements Ripple and thoroughly enjoyed the sweet and zesty flavour of this citrus combination!
Watch as Cat and Melissa race to present the new St Clements Ice-Cream in delicious orange and lemon bowls!
Want to find out how your business could benefit from our Food and Drink PR services?
Get in touch on 0131 561 2244 or by filling in the contact form below and find out how our team of PR experts can help you!Contact Form