Halloween menu proves a hit thanks to food and drink PR experts
As autumn draws to a close and frosty weather begins to take over, we are still reeling with our spooky Halloween success at Mackie’s of Scotland’s flagship ice cream parlour, Mackie’s 19.2.
Aberdonians were able to get their hands on some unique chilling treats when Mackie’s 19.2 revamped its menu to serve up pumpkin waffles, blood orange sorbet, blackcurrant and liquorice flavoured black ice cream and some very creepy crepes.
The parlour also treated visitors to seasonal pumpkin spiced lattes – a cosy autumn treat topped with delicious whipped cream.
We utilised a mix of traditional and digital channels in the lead up to Halloween to make sure the parlour’s unique offering was a hit.
Firstly, we issued a press release targeted to all local Aberdeen outlets sharing the news of the time-limited offering.
To boost the campaign even further, we also invited relevant influencers to visit the parlour and try the special menu.
The story achieved spooktacular results with some of the highlights including:
- National coverage in one of the country’s top titles, The Scotsman
- Prime local coverage in a variety of titles, both print and online, such as: Aberdeen Evening Express, Grampian Online, Mearns Leader, Inverurie Herald, Ellon Times, Buchan Observer, Deeside Piper & Herald and Banffshire Journal
- A feature in North-East’s popular lifestyle publication, Society Aberdeen
- Visually engaging social media coverage by key local micro-influencers, including: documenting_my_dinner, lipstick_and_late_nights, societyabdn and kirstyjarvie
- An overall reach of more than 470,448 opportunities to see
Engaging with influencers proved to be an extremely effective way of reaching Mackie’s 19.2’s desired audience. As more and more people rely on social media for food and drink inspiration, there has never been a better time to tap into the growing micro-influencer market.
The effective integration of print and digital channels enabled Mackie’s to reach a broad range of individuals whilst still putting the news in front of the right people.
Want to find out how your organisation can benefit from our Scottish PR agency?
The team at Holyrood PR are always on hand to help your business tell its stories to the world. Get in touch with us today by calling us on 0131 561 2244 or by filling in the contact form below:Contact Form