Hotel PR Checks in with top result for city centre dorm
A JUMBO-sized hotel dorm room has created a wave of media success, securing coverage in a host of leading publications.
The unique bedroom at G1 Group’s Stay Central hotel in Edinburgh’s Cowgate – which can sleep up to nine people – has been designed to give parties of friends top quality accommodation for the price of a hostel bed.
- A feature in the city’s most-read paper, Edinburgh Evening News
- Coverage in top national title, The Sun
- An article in The Sunday Post
- A host of online coverage including national news site, Deadline News and top trade title, Hotel Owner
- Shares across social media – amounting to over 350,000 opportunities to see the news on Twitter and Facebook alone
Coverage in print, online and social media created a total of over 1,765,000 chances to hear the news of Stay Central’s new jumbo dorm room.
The venue is expected to be a major hit among stag parties and it has already seen occupancy rates rise thanks to thousands of rugby fans descending on the capital for the RBS Six Nations.
As well as having a full-size table tennis and offering the chance to play computer games on the wall-mounted flat screen, each of the beds in the stylish, loft-style apartment has its own individual TV.
There is also a freestanding Smeg fridge stocked with beers and wine while the hotel can arrange for a breakfast ‘Recovery Trolley’ to be delivered which comes with bacon rolls and a pint of lager for those who want a ‘hair of the dog’ to kick start their day.