Inspirational artist, 95, paints a powerful picture in the media
Monday, August 20th, 2018
on behalf of Bield Housing And Care
Blind painter Margaret hits the headlines thanks to successful campaign by PR agency
AS INSPIRATIONAL women go, Margaret McNeil is a shining beacon for any generation.
Now aged 95 and registered blind, the Lanarkshire pensioner has wowed the media with her prodigious output of paintings in both watercolours and oils.
We told the story of how the lively nonagenarian is encouraged to keep up her hobbies at the retirement housing complex where she lives, while also setting up interviews, photography and video.
Our PR campaign yielded stellar results which included:
- At least 22 significant items of media coverage
- Creating almost 4 million opportunities to see the heartwarming story and Bield’s key messages
- Coverage in national news titles, including the Daily Record, the Metro, The Scotsman and The Express
- Reports on local platforms including glasgowlive.co.uk, motherwelltimes.co.uk and eveningtimes.co.uk
- Extensive exposure in important care-related trade titles such as The Carer UK, carehome.co.uk, Care Home Professional and Care Home Environment
- Attention from influential specialist housing titles including Scottish Housing News and the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations newsletter
- Major reach on social media when various titles share the news across their Twitter and Facebook channels
As the care PR experts working with Bield, the renowned specialist housing agency for older people, we knew Margaret’s story would touch the hearts of readers.
The media exposure generated achieves a host of positive objectives. As well as being a thrilling experience for Margaret and her relatives, it is also a boost for the staff and volunteers who work for Bield, validating their efforts.
The coverage in popular regional news titles is also vital to Bield, putting its name in front of the thousands of families who need or may be choosing care and housing services.
The specialist coverage in the care and housing sector media is also essential for positioning Bield as a brilliant place to work, ensuring it continues to attract the best talent in the sector.
As digital and social media experts we also conceived and delivered a video interview with Margaret to make sure that online news outlets would have rich content to share – and also to give Bield a powerful and eminently shareable resource for its websiste and social channels.
The video was picked up and used by the online version of the Daily Record, one of Scotland’s biggest, far-reaching and most influential news sources.
On top of that it was shared widely by Bield across social media – and was also played at the registered charity’s AGM.
Could your business benefit from this kind of powerful storytelling? Then contact our award-winning PR agency
Getting in touch with us couldn’t be easier. Phone us on 0131 561 2244, or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:
Thursday, August 15th, 2019
Comments Off on University of Edinburgh’s Student Letting Service Unlocks Record Year – with 300+ Homes Let
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.