Hope Springs Eternal As Girl Born Without Hips Runs 5k Scoring Some Excellent Coverage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017
on behalf of Edinburgh Children's Hospital Charity
A great run of coverage as brave Hope completes 5k and puts ECHC on the podium
A BRAVE girl from Alloa who was born without hip sockets, has completed a 5k Fun Run in aid of Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity.
Hope Gilmour was originally born without hip sockets and her family were told it was unlikely that she would ever be able to walk properly. Determined Hope, however, has now made a full recovery and defied all odds by tackling a charity fun run in aid of ECHC.
We thought this story was too good not to share and made sure we spread the news of Hope’s amazing resilience, getting some very impressive results to boot. These included:
- A total of 17 pieces of coverage
- Print and online hits across a series of UK and Scottish national newspapers, including The Scottish Sun, The Courier, The Metro, The Scotsman and the Daily Record
- A big-hitting piece on the BBC News Online, which has a staggering reach of nearly 2million users
- Four pieces of coverage (two print and two online), including a front page spread, in the Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser – the main newspaper that covers the town that Hope is from, spreading the news far and wide around her local area
- A further regional piece in the Edinburgh Evening News – the key target publication of Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity, raising further awareness of the important cause
- A hugely impressive total of 3,943,383 opportunities to see
Hope’s story praised ECHC for the support it provided her and her family following her operation. This coverage helped increase awareness of the amazing work the charity provides to young people and their families.
Following the renaming of the charity in May, securing positive coverage in key titles is essential to continue to raise awareness for ECHC. These recent hits for Hope’s story have allowed us to do this, sharing news stories about the charity in widely read publications all over Scotland and the UK.
Want to find out more about how our team of Scottish PR experts can help give your business a boost?
We love sharing stories and believe they can have an amazing effect of your business. Find out more today by calling us on 011 561 2244 or by filling in the contact form below:
Jings! Crivvens! Help ma boab! News of Oor Wullie’s Big Bucket Trail reaches over four million people
Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
Comments Off on Jings! Crivvens! Help ma boab! News of Oor Wullie’s Big Bucket Trail reaches over four million people
So how can we help?
Essential business guide to powerful photographyFREE!
Your business can perform even better with the help of powerful PR photography. Our simple and eye-catching guide explains how
Meet the teamOur people
Meet the people who make Holyrood PR what it is, and get an insight into what makes them tick
Make an impact with PR photographyFind out more
Every story can be told better with pictures. Discover our affordable, high-impact photo packages.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.