Latest taste creation from Mackie’s of Scotland viewed by millions thanks to digital PR experts
MUCH-loved ice cream maker Mackie’s of Scotland has been serving up huge scoops of online and digital success – with the help of our team of food and drink PR experts.
Mackie’s used the annual celebration of Scotland’s national bard Rabbie Burns, as the perfect opportunity to launch its latest concoction – haggis and marmalade ice cream.
As a result of our food and drink PR push for Mackie’s, the love-it-or-hate-it creation caught the attention of viral Facebook platform Dessert Insider, a dedicated digital channel with an audience of millions. That made it the second viral hit served up by our digital PR team, coming just months after we helped Mackie’s secure 20 million video views of its dedicated peanut butter tap.
The story also caught the attention of numerous other digital media, with the combined highlights including:
- A four-minute video which Dessert Insider shared with its 6.5million Facebook followers, racking up 454,000 views in the first 48 hours.
- Articles on the websites of major news outlets including TV station STV, radio broadcaster Northsound 1 and lifestyle magazine Scottish Field, reaching a total audience of 500,000
- Further social media shares of the story notching up reach to an estimated 1,000,000 social media followers
- That included shares across the social media sites with the likes of STV News, The Herald and The National posting on Twitter and Facebook
- Local influencers, including Stewart Stevenson, the MSP for Banffshire and Buchan Stewart encouraged his twitter followers to give the new flavour a try.
Mackie’s is no stranger to the power of a viral social media video. Find out how our PR video team and digital PR experts helped Mackie’s parlour reach more than 20 million video views across buzzworthy news sites, LADBible and UNILAD.
Of course, all of the digital PR goodness didn’t stop there. The kind of coverage and buzz delivered by our digital PR campaign provided Mackie’s with brilliant content to share across its own social media and digital channels.
The company is extremely digital savvy and swiftly shared the pick of the coverage across its own Facebook, Twitter and Instagram which enjoy a combined following of at least 30,000 dedicated Mackie’s fans.
And while many shortsighted businesses have jettisoned hugely valuable email newsletters in the headlong rush to use social media, that is NOT a mistake that Mackie’s of Scotland has made. In fact, its regular Friends of Mackie’s newsletter remains the firm’s most important way to keep in touch with its most valuable customers.
So, it was no surprise when the company swiftly issued a special edition of the newsletter to share the viral Dessert Insider video post with its 20,000 newsletter subscribers – cleverly sharing the latest digital PR success story with its most ardent fans, advocates and supporters.
Maintaining Mackie’s digital presence allows the Scottish brand to reach a global audience and cements the Aberdeenshire firm’s reputation as producers of luxury ice cream, distributing to the UK and worldwide.
Why not find out how our digital PR agency could help share your business story?
We’re experts at combining digital PR with traditional media relations to make sure your business makes the biggest impact. Give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill in the contact form below and we’ll get straight back to you.Contact Form