GOOD EGG’S EXTRA MILE DOESN’T GO UNNOTICED
Monday, March 26th, 2018
on behalf of Project Work and Other Clients
PILOT LAUNCHED TO REDUCE THE DEVASTATING YOUNG DRIVER STATS SEES WIDESPREAD COVERAGE THANKS TO SCOTTISH PR AGENCY
SIX local councils in the UK have signed up to an ambitious new initiative in a bid to reduce the staggering numbers of young drivers and passengers involved in major incidents.
The pilot scheme, launched by Good Egg Drivers in association with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and local councils in Edinburgh, York, Liverpool, Newcastle and two London boroughs, Lewisham and Hillingdon, will distribute helpful guides to practical test centres titled ‘Getting your license and keeping it… everything you need to know’.
The guides are designed to be the ultimate resource for a new driver, highlighting the dangers posed at the wheel while offering positive and practical advice.
In order to maximise the coverage of the launch of this scheme for our client Good Egg, we had to first liaise with all partners, getting sign off on the relevant quotes and making sure we always kept them in the loop.
Our role was to then launch the national story and carefully pitch six different regionalised versions to the media reflecting the pilot areas.
We gained an impressive amount of coverage, helping to raise awareness of young driver safety.
Highlights to date have included:
- 17 pieces of coverage to date, reaching almost 600,000 people
- Two mentions on Radio Scotland and York local radio, Minster FM
- Coverage in trade publications – vital for reaching Road Safety Officers (RSOs) and necessary for Good Egg in order to target launches in new areas
- National coverage in Scotland with The Herald and The National newspapers
- Important local coverage around the UK – including York Press and Edinburgh Evening News
- Mentions on local council websites, including City of Edinburgh Council and Newcastle City Council
- Entirely positive sentiment to coverage across the board
- For every £ spent, we delivered at least 563 opportunities to see – not including social media mentions and engagements
- Included key third party quotes and engagement from the Deputy Mayor of Lewisham, Newcastle Road Safety Officer and Edinburgh’s transport convenor, Lesley Macinnes
- Continued work with supporters of the initiative throughout the process, including the likes of Arnold Clark, Veygo and Biffa
It is hoped that by raising as much awareness as possible for this new scheme, Good Egg will be better positioned to roll the pilot out nationally, helping to lead efforts to reduce the devastating statistics of young drivers killed or seriously injured.
LOOKING FOR A SCOTTISH PR AGENCY?
Our team of communicators is here to help you achieve your business aims. Our no-nonsense approach helps dig out your best stories, so that we can tell them to the world in a way that boosts morale and the bottom line.
If you’re interested in learning more, give us a call on 0131 561 2244 – or get in touch by using the form below:
Chris Fairbairn is an Account Director with award-winning public relations agency Holyrood Partnership. He is part of an expert PR team delivering PR services to a wide range of clients from headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland.View Chris's Profile
So how can we help?
Benefit from business videoAction!
Find out how affordable video can bring a host of benefits to your business.
Make an impact with PR photographyFind out more
Every story can be told better with pictures. Discover our affordable, high-impact photo packages.
Meet the teamOur people
Meet the people who make Holyrood PR what it is, and get an insight into what makes them tick
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.