Gilson Gray Makes History With Launch
Friday, May 9th, 2014
on behalf of Gilson Gray
Landmark launch of exciting new law practice in Scotland is told with help from legal PR experts
Gilson Gray has attracted a significant team of market-leading specialists from across the Scottish legal, property and financial sectors to front the business, which has bases in both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
The senior figures are Glen Gilson, one of the leading private client lawyers in Scotland and previously part of the senior management team at HBJ Gateley, and Matthew Gray, former head Head of Property and Legal Services and member of the Managing Board at Pagan Osborne.
Glen has been appointed Managing Partner while Matthew, a non lawyer, who is not a partner in the law firm in line with regulatory requirements, is Managing Director of Gilson Gray Property Services.
The launch of Gilson Gray follows nearly a year of careful planning and negotiation which has seen the firm recruit an expert team of nine solicitor partners and four other senior executives to head and develop the business’s legal, property and financial services divisions.
Glen said: “It is the first time in Scotland a new firm of this size and capability has been launched, bringing together a team of skilled partners already established at the top of their respective fields.
“We understand that clients want their lawyers and advisors to be have a ‘can do’ approach as informed specialists in their field. We also believe that our clients deserve straight talking, friendly advisors that understand and care about their objectives.
“We will provide the same full service technical expertise as any of the largest law firms in Scotland. We believe, however, that we can offer a more cost effective solution.”
Matthew added: “We are delighted to have assembled such an impressive team for our launch, and to have already secured a high level of support from the Scottish business community.
“We believe discerning corporate, commercial and private clients are keen to see a major new full service firm enter the market, offering high quality legal, financial and property services which are neither impersonal nor impenetrable.
“Our partner-led teams include accredited specialists and award winning individuals, committed to providing an excellent client experience. We strive to be reliable, honest, strong and approachable.”
The other senior figures in Gilson Gray include:
- Head of Renewable Energy, Andrew Fleetwood, formerly principal at Fleetwood Legal, ex magic circle Freshfields and Head of Energy, Eversheds Scotland)
- Head of Litigation, Iain Clark, solicitor advocate, formerly litigation partner at Young & Partners and an author on international arbitration
- Head of Corporate Derek Hamill, also formerly of Young & Partners; Head of Real Estate, Murray Stewart, formerly head of real estate at Eversheds Scotland
- Head of Employment Law, Graham Millar, formerly head of employment law at Young & Partners;
- Head of Insolvency, Steven Jansch, solicitor advocate, formerly head of insolvency at Gillespie Macandrew; Blacklocks
- Head of Debt Recovery, David Alexander, formerly head of asset recovery at
- Head of Residential Conveyancing, Jonathan Williams, formerly residential property partner at Morton Fraser
- Finance Director Gerry Cockburn, ex-Finance Director at Optima Legal, Faculty of Advocates and Golds Solicitors, and author on law firm financial management.
Many of the Gilson Gray lawyers are dual qualified in both Scottish and English law and the firm is supported by a full complement of legal, property, financial and administrative staff.
The firm’s offices are at 29 Rutland Square, Edinburgh, and 160 West George Street, Glasgow.
As well as legal PR our team of public relations experts offer expert media and reputation advice across a host of sectors. Find out how we can help your business
Getting in touch with our award-winning team couldn’t be easier. Phone us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:
Raymond Notarangelo, co-founded Scottish PR agency, Holyrood PR after spotting a gap for colourful and innovative public relations in Edinburgh. He now leads a team providing media relations, social media, video, photography, brand newsrooms, crisis communication and media relations.View Raymond's Profile
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.