Childhood favourite crisp reveal go down a storm with media and influencers, thanks to food and drink PR
WITH NEW products launching left right and centre in the food and drink industry, securing coverage can become a bit of a minefield.
Often, it’s not enough to just “launch” the product – we prefer telling the full story. Which is why when we worked with Mackie’s Crisps to share the news of their latest product launch (a childhood classic: Pickled Onion), we made sure to get to the root of the story.
- 60 items of coverage across online, print and social media, creating 1,099,850 opportunities to see
- Specialist trade coverage in The Grocer, Bite Magazine, FMC Goss (Instagram), and C-Talk
- Local and regional coverage in The Courier, Perthshire Advertiser, P&J and Evening Telegraph
- An exclusive taste-test video with Brian Stormont at The Courier/P&J food and drink team
- Swathes of social media coverage, thanks to our outreach to some of our favourite foodie influencers including @thepaleopeach, @edinburgers, @eatinburgh, @pancakes_and_polaroids, and @tartanspoonblog
- A tweet from Edinburgh chef and pickled onion crisp fanatic, Chef Paul Wedgwood
- An Instagram giveaway with Plate Expectations
We caught the eye of the media (and influencers) with an engaging tale of how the product came about – after an idea from National Wholesale Manager, Mel Hack, and two years of taste testing.
Armed with a great history and background, as well as all of the details you’d expect to find in a launch story (price, quantities, RRP and initial stockist), we rolled the story out to our contacts – food and drink writers, national desks, regionals and locals to Mackie’s Crisps in Perthshire, and (crucially) food and drink trade press.
In addition to the media rollout, we also worked with Mackie’s and our broad range of lifestyle and foodie influencers and press to send out samples of the new crisps, and an exclusive giveaway competition with renowned foodie, author, and content creator Plate Expectations.
The full story can be read here.
Could your business benefit from expert food and drink PR?
Getting in touch with our team of experts couldn’t be easier. Simply give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few minutes to fill in the form below and one of our social care PR team will get straight back to you:Contact Form