Lockdown success for ice cream makes national headlines thanks to Scottish PR agency
LIFE IN lockdown saw the nation turn to ice cream, earning family-owned ice cream brand some major food and drink PR.
Despite lockdown having a severe impact on the food and drink industry, Mackie’s of Scotland saw a 35% increase on its ice cream sales between April and August.
By sharing that story with the world, our team delivered the following highlights for this tasty success story:
- 21 items of coverage across print, online and digital
- More than 346,476 opportunities to see the story
- Impressive national coverage in successful titles such as, The Scotsman, Press and Journal, and The National
- Specialist coverage in Scotland Food and Drink, Scottish Business News, Scottish Financial News and Daily Business
- Widely read coverage in local publications, Aberdeen and Grampian Chamber of Commerce, Aberdeen Evening Express, Ellon Times, The Fraserburgh Herald and Deeside Piper
The sales made over lockdown equated to a whopping 70 million scoops, with the most popular flavour being salted caramel.
Mackie’s paid the tribute of its success to the 90 dedicated staff who went “above and beyond” to keep freezers stocked.
Our extensive coverage put Mackie’s of Scotland on some of the nation’s most popular and widely-read news titles. This powerful reach helps put the Mackie’s name in front of new consumers, so the firm can aim to continue its success.
Likewise, coverage across influential business news outlets keeps Mackie’s of Scotland at the forefront of Scotland’s most successful Scottish Businesses, helping it attract the brightest talent.
Successful food and drink PR also helped to put the Mackie’s name on the lips of a crucial but niche audience – buyers who choose the products to be stocked in shops and supermarkets.
Mackie’s of Scotland has been operating for over 100 years and continue to use fresh milk and cream from its dairy farm in Aberdeenshire.
In such a fast moving and ever changing industry, the work of our food and drink PR experts is vital in ensuring the reoccurring success for Mackie’s and its wide range of products.
Read the full story here.
Do you want a serving of food and drink PR from our team of experts?
Get in touch with us today by calling us on 0131 561 2244 or by filling in the contact form below:Contact Form