Emission-free ice cream van travels around the world
Friday, July 24th, 2020
on behalf of Mackie's of Scotland
World’s first emission-free ice cream van chimes with the help of food and drink PR
MACKIE’S of Scotland quickly became the coolest brand around after Nissan launched its’ zero-emissions ice cream van campaign in partnership with the Scottish business in 2019.
Family-owned Mackie’s has been a leading advocate for renewables for several decades, boasting four large wind turbines, one of Scotland’s largest solar farms, as well as a range of biomass heaters. It is even gearing up to be carbon positive for the first time this year.
Far-reaching media coverage resulting from its impressive green activity led Nissan, one of the world’s largest and most recognisable brands, to initiate contact with Mackie’s, to realise its dream of producing a zero-emissions no ICE (internal combustion engine) ice cream van.
We then worked alongside Nissan’s in-house and agency teams to finalise a story and media package that delivered astonishing results, including:
- Coverage reach in excess of 100 million (in UK alone). This is nearly double the total population ensuring many people will have seen multiple times.
- Appearances on both BBC and ITV’s flagship magazine shows, with the van appearing on both The One Show and This Morning with Phil and Holly
- Global press coverage across some of the biggest news titles: Mail Online, AOL, MSN, The Sun, The Herald, The Mirror, The Scotsman, Auto Trade, Talk Radio, Yahoo, Daily Mail, The Observer, The Guardian and The Times etc.
- Coverage in the biggest motoring publications, notably: TopGear and Auto Express
- Mackie’s “Sky to Scoop” messaging featuring throughout all coverage
Later in the year, the van and its supporting campaign received ‘Innovation of the Year: Technology’ and ‘Energy Efficient Partnership of the Year’ awards for Nissan with its partnership with Mackie’s
If you would like to read more about these awards, the original press release can be found here.
Our team of Food and Drink PR experts are ready to help your brand tell its stories to the world
If you think this is something you could benefit from, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask any questions you may have.
You can reach us on 0131 561 2244 or alternatively, you can fill out the short form below and we will get back to you promptly.
Chris Fairbairn is an Account Director with award-winning public relations agency Holyrood PR. He is part of an expert PR team delivering PR services to a wide range of clients from headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland.View Chris's Profile
Monday, January 18th, 2021
Comments Off on Cuppa blend inspired by Scottish tap water brews friendships in battle against loneliness
So how can we help?
Meet the teamOur people
Meet the people who make Holyrood PR what it is, and get an insight into what makes them tick
Benefit from business videoAction!
Find out how affordable video can bring a host of benefits to your business.
Make an impact with PR photographyFind out more
Every story can be told better with pictures. Discover our affordable, high-impact photo packages.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.