First Date? It’s an easy split with Nira Caledonia
Thursday, November 28th, 2019
on behalf of Nira Caledonia
How one creative idea about making first dates that little bit less awkward took Nira Caledonia’s name all over the UK
THERE’S no two ways about it – dating can be awkward.
Choosing the right outfit, the right place, the right choice from the menu and the right chat can make for a pretty stressful ordeal.
Then the bill arrives at the end of the evening and the difficult conversation ensues about who wants to pay for what. Do you split it? Pay for it all? Hope that they’ll just throw their credit card down?
Alongside our client, Nira Caledonia, we came up with a genius idea to avoid this kind of tricky situation for first daters who visited the hotel restaurant – a ‘split bill policy’.
To help budding romances get off to the best possible start, those on first dates would be automatically handed a completely 50/50 split bill at the end of the night.
There wouldn’t be any assumptions made; the bill would only be halved if the couple had made it clear to their waiter that they were on a first date prior to them coming into the restaurant. A first date for the modern age.
The press absolutely loved this idea and we achieved some huge results.
Some of the highlights included:
- 205 cuttings achieved, with a staggering reach of 22,386,388 people
- Two successful radio features with the hotel management team on BBC Radio 5 Live Drivetime and the John Beattie Show on BBC Radio Scotland
- Hits in major national newspapers, including Metro UK and Metro Scotland, The Independent, The Sun, The Daily Record, The Scotsman and The Herald
- Features on some of the biggest online news websites, such as the Mail Online, Tyla, Delish.com, AOL (UK) and BT.com
- Widespread coverage in regional newspapers including the popular Yorkshire Post, The Courier, The Press and Journal, Wales Farmer and The Irish Independent
WORKING WITH AN AWARD-WINNING HOTEL PR AGENCY CAN BRING A WHOLE RAFT OF ADVANTAGES TO YOUR BUSINESS.
Did you like the results in our PR case study? Want to reap the same rewards as Nira Caledonia did?
Getting in touch with us couldn’t be easier. Just phone 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill out the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:
Monday, April 6th, 2020
Comments Off on Tech Firm to Help Hospitality Sector Survive Impact of Coronavirus
Monday, April 6th, 2020
Comments Off on Housing provider receives vital donations from local distilleries
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.