Extensive coverage secured by Charity PR team shines a light on life-changing work
FROM time to time we are afforded the opportunity to tell uplifting stories that more than deserve their moment in the limelight.
This was certainly the case with the charity Kids OR – and its monumental efforts that will see it ship 30 comprehensively-designed children’s operating rooms to Africa, from a hidden depot in Dundee.
Careful planning allowed us to work with the charity’s teams to prepare a package of work that was primed for the media, from TV and radio to print, social and online.
By working in advance with broadcast, we were able to secure widespread coverage, all serving to highlight the cause – and the tens of thousands of lives saved and transformed through access to surgery.
Highlights to date include:
- 7,563,836 opportunities to see (provided by Kantar media)
- 176 items of coverage across online, broadcast and print media
- Secured National audience with exclusive TV features on STV news at 6 and 10, linking with a surgeon in Africa as well as facilitating a trip to the depot
- Features on BBC Radio Scotland and Radio Tay
- UK wide online features prominently on Evening Standard, Mail Online, MSN
- Scottish national and local coverage Herald, Edinburgh Evening News, The National Scotland, as well as a number of Dundee-based titles
- Stellar print features across The National with page leads in The Metro, The Scotsman and The Courier
- Overwhelming coverage across local, regional, and national press
A charity funded by grants and donations, the coverage is helping raise its profile, drawing in eyes from across the UK and further afield, while helping to hit key campaign objectives.
You can read the original release here.
Inspired by this Charity PR success story? Find out how our team can help you below.
Getting in touch with our team of PR experts couldn’t be easier. Simply give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few minutes to fill in the form below and one of our charity PR team of will get straight back to you.Contact Form