Edinburgh space company blasts into the UK news agenda
Tuesday, February 5th, 2019
on behalf of Skyrora
News of Skyrora’s unveiling of the black arrow rocket reaches 40 million and counting thanks to rocketing tech PR
WITH our client Skyrora bringing the Black Arrow rocket – the UK’s only rocket to reach space – over 10,000 miles back to Britain from the Australian outback, we knew this story, managed correctly, had the potential to go stratospheric.
Using a carefully tailored approach, we sent out four announcements on the run-up to and immediately following event – creating a sense of excitement ahead of the Black Arrow’s unveiling in Penicuik.
While liaising with key bodies such as the UK Space Agency, we made sure the story reached more than 40 million people – securing 520 cuttings (and counting) in the country’s leading news titles and sites as well as a feature on prime-time live magazine show, The One Show:
Coverage highlights include:
- A segment on The One Show, showcasing Skyrora’s key messages to an estimated five million viewers
- Major online features on some of the world’s biggest news outlets, including on both aol.co.uk and yahoo.co.uk, telegraph.co.uk and a further two features on dailymail.co.uk, and reaching 10 million potential users
- Authoritative coverage online on BBC – even used to update Black Arrow’s Wikipedia entry, hours after appearing
- 13 print and online cuttings in Scotland’s leading titles – The Scotsman, The Herald, The Times and The National – reaching over 200,000 people and including the country’s business leaders and government policy influencers
- Three separate articles in leading national broadsheet, The Daily Telegraph – each feature appearing in the London, National and Scottish print version
- Further UK national coverage in The Times, The Metro, The I, The Daily Mail, The Daily Mirror and ITV – ensuring the story was firmly on the news agenda
- Widespread coverage across the UK – with more than 100 articles in regional English and Welsh titles such as The North Wales Pioneer and The Oxford Times, as well as reaching worldwide news outlets in Australia and Germany
- Further broadcast coverage, with prime-time mentions on STV News at Six, Forces TV, Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland, TALKRadio and Isle of Wight Radio
- Extensive tech and space trade coverage
Sharing the news of Black Arrow’s homecoming to 40 million people allowed us to secure Skyrora’s reputation as a Scottish firm at the heart of the UK’s race, continuing to expand after only 20 months.
Not only that, the incredible return of Black Arrow – and efforts of the Skyrora STEM ambassadors – has seen us smash numerous of our own long-held records, including:
- Our most successful story ever in terms of media coverage
- Biggest ever week of coverage for one story-line
- Biggest ever month of coverage for a single client (numbers of cuttings and total reach)
- Contributed to the biggest month of coverage across all clients in the history of the agency (January 2019)
Why not find out how our tech PR experts could do to boost your business?
It’s not just tech PR – we’ve been providing expert media relations to clients across a range of sectors for years.
Getting in touch with our award winning agency couldn’t be easier. Simply fill in the form bellow or give one of the team a call on 0131 561 2244 to find out what we can do for you:
Thursday, February 21st, 2019
Comments Off on Perthshire cycling initiative makes for wheelie good charity PR
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.