Leonardo Hotels Takes Over Press with Portland Portfolio Acquisiton
Friday, August 4th, 2017
on behalf of Leonardo Hotels
Edinburgh PR agency announces the purchase of five Scottish properties by the Germany-based hotel group
THE ACQUISITION of a collection of established Scottish hotels by one of Europe’s fastest growing hotel groups proved a huge hit with national, business and travel media when it was unveiled by our Edinburgh PR agency.
Following last month’s opening of its first establishment in Scotland – the Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh – the Leonardo Hotels group has now purchased all five Portland Hotels, adding further locations across the capital, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Perth to its portfolio.
As Scottish media experts, we knew this major announcement would appeal to a wide audience across a variety of sectors, so we pushed a carefully crafted news release out as far as possible to maximise coverage.
- A total of 35 cuttings (at the time of writing)
- 6 pieces of national print coverage, including in The Times, The Scotsman, The Herald and The Courier, as well as further pick up on each of these newspaper’s websites
- Pick up in key regional publications covering the locations of each hotel, including Edinburgh Evening News, Aberdeen Evening Express, Press and Journal, Glasgow Live and Dundee Evening Telegraph
- A spread of articles across big hitting business titles including Daily Business News, Scottish Business Insider, BQ Live, Scottish Financial News, Economic News and Scottish Business News Network
- Important hits in travel trade sector titles, ensuring the news reached key stakeholders in this industry, including The Caterer, Hotel Designs, Boutique Hotelier, Hotel Management and ITCM
- A total reach of 721,862
The purchase of the Portland Hotels underlines the remarkable expansion ambitions of the group, which has now increased its roster by three Edinburgh hotels and a total of seven UK hotels in just two years.
It takes its number of properties to over 85 in 40+ locations, with Scotland representing a prime focus destination for further European growth by the firm.
By reaching essential national, regional business and trade publications, we are helping Leonardo Hotels boost awareness and credentials with both customers and within the industry – vital to spread the word off the new ventures across Scotland.
Are you looking for an Edinburgh PR agency to help share your stories and boost your profile?
We believe stories are at the heart of every business. If you’d like to learn more, simply get in touch on 0131 561 2244 or by using the form below:
The profile and biography of public relations professional Alicia Simpson, a junior account executive with award-winning Scottish public relations agency, Holyrood PR in Edinburgh.View Alicia's Profile
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.