Disabled Home Of The Future Builds Media Momentum
Monday, July 3rd, 2017
on behalf of Blackwood
Edinburgh PR agency homes in on independent living to help Blackwood hit the headlines
WHEN our client Blackwood announced it was designing and constructing a collection of pioneering homes to transform the lives of people with disabilities, we knew the unveiling would be a major hit with the media.
As this was such a significant project for our client, it was essential to secure extensive media coverage to spread the news as far and wide as possible. So, we drafted an engaging press release announcing the launch of the “disabled home of the future” and invited media to attend on the day. Highlights included:
The results were stellar and highlights included:
- Securing the attendance of The Courier, Dundee Evening Telegraph and Wave FM at the event
- A total of 18 pieces of coverage, including in the Daily Record and Show House, with further pick up expected over the coming days
- Full page spread in the Courier – the biggest and most respected paper in Dundee and Tayside – with further coverage via a series of videos on the Courier website
- Pieces in far reaching property supplements The Herald Homes and The Scotsman – Real Homes
- Key trade coverage in titles such as Scottish Housing News, Housing Scotland Today and Third Force News – publications widely read by key players in the care and housing industry
- A total reach of 221,079
Our team also attended the event in Dundee, when the new homes were officially unveiled by Minister of Local Government and Housing, Kevin Stewart. That ensured we got to see the hugely innovative and accessible properties for ourselves.
The development, located off Glamis Road, is the first to showcase the visionary ‘Blackwood House’ – a design blueprint for flexible living which our client plans to roll out in increasing numbers across Scotland.
The homes have been specifically designed with the help of existing Blackwood customers who know what works best in their daily lives. The design features a central core of kitchen and bathroom – with movable fittings and rise and fall units – which provides greater circulation space for easy access. Flexible storage space and a greater level of automation complete the impressive specification.
Want to find out how our Edinburgh PR agency can help you get a full house of coverage?
We’re always happy to talk to new businesses. Find out how we can turn your stories into great press coverage by calling us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill out the simple form below, and we’ll get straight back to you:
The profile and biography of public relations professional Alicia Simpson, a junior account executive with award-winning Scottish public relations agency, Holyrood PR in Edinburgh.View Alicia's Profile
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.