Notable first for Dermal Team as they sign up for patient protection register
Wednesday, January 11th, 2017
on behalf of Dermal Clinic
Clinic’s landmark celebrated with successful hair and beauty PR
A PIONEERING aesthetic clinic has notched up a memorable first by blazing a trail for patient safety – and earned a swathe of positive headlines as a result.
Dermal Clinic became the first in the country to register under a new scheme with Health Improvement Scotland (HIS), which is aimed at giving the public confidence in standards and practices.
Accomplished cosmetic nurse Jackie Partridge, who founded Dermal Clinic in 2007, was headhunted by the Scottish Government to help shape the new regulations.
And her business, based in Morningside, Edinburgh, became the first name on the HIS register, which is designed to safeguard people who undergo cosmetic procedures. News of that landmark appeared in multiple important and credible news sources, including:
- Scotland’s oldest and most respected quality newspaper, The Scotsman, which reaches a hugely influential audience of business people, political agenda setters and other influencers
- Edinburgh’s biggest news title, the Evening News, which reaches the clinic’s target audience across the Scottish capital and beyond
- Leading trade title, Aesthetics Journal, positioning Jackie as a leader in her own sector
- On the news section of the Healthcare Improvement Scotland website, reaching an important audience of professionals
- Leading independent Scottish news website Deadline News, which has an army of readers across the web.
The new legislation applies to independent clinics, where doctors and nurses provide surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures, such as Botox, dermal fillers, or laser eye surgery as well as dentists, midwives and dental care professionals. They must register with Healthcare Improvement Scotland by April 2017.
HIS estimates there are around 500 independent clinics in Scotland which must register and while Dermal Clinic became the notable first, already 258 other services across Scotland are following suit by completing their applications.
Registered clinics will stand out to patients by demonstrating the high standards to which they operate, while reassuring patients that regular independent inspections are carried out by HIS experts. Read the full story of Dermal Clinic’s successful registration by checking out our original media release.
Could your business benefit from a makeover with this kind of powerful hair and beauty PR?
Do you run a hairdresser, a beauty clinic, health spa, cosmetic business or a similar venture? We’d love to help put you on the map like we did with Dermal Clinic.
Getting in touch couldn’t be easier. Phone us on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill and submit the simple form below and we’ll get straight back to you:
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.