Expert Charity PR helps management team to win the name game
MUCH LOVED Edinburgh charity the Sick Kids Friends Foundation has announced it is rebranding to the new name of Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity (ECHC).
The pivotal move coincided with the decision to rename the current Royal Hospital for Sick Children – which the charity has supported for 25 years – as the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People (RHCYP) when it relocates to a new purpose-built building in early 2018, ending the association with the term ‘Sick Kids’.
Our key task was to ensure the name change on May 1 received widespread coverage and support as well as ensuring that the wider Edinburgh community understood the reasons for the switch – and crucially for the charity’s generous ambassadors to continue supporting it.
Substantial Charity PR success followed, with the story appearing both online, in print, on the radio and on TV, delivering:
- A whopping 791,146 opportunities to see the positive story
- Key broadcast coverage on STV News
- Front page splash and double page spread in the Edinburgh Evening News
- National coverage in The Scotsman, Daily Record, The National and Third Force News
- Radio coverage on Forth Radio, Black Diamond FM, and Kingdom FM
However, our integrated communications campaign stretched beyond the traditional media – our expert use of digital channels and video (including a countdown to a big unveil video, a twibbon campaign and a series of ‘Faces of ECHC’ videos which were streamed live) was vital to ensuring the story was seen and heard constantly throughout the day, all across the country.
Creating a lasting impression our campaign, in its first day alone, delivered:
- 253,646 impressions on Twitter and Facebook
- 135 new page likes on Facebook
- 36,318 video views on Twitter and Facebook
- 6,608 engagements on Facebook posts
- 450 clicks through to the new website
- 41 twibbon sign ups
- @echcharity (the charity’s Twitter account) trended on Twitter
Further expert charity PR continued across the rest of launch week, providing a long term and sustained outreach to the charity’s key audiences.
We love to share stories and especially put our Charity PR to practice, find out how we can help your business!
We’re always happy to talk to new business and see how we can turn your stories into great media coverage. If you want to find out more you can fill out the form below or call us on 0131 561 2244.Contact Form