Perthshire cycling initiative makes for wheelie good charity PR
Thursday, February 21st, 2019
on behalf of Bield Housing And Care
Pensioners pedal onto front page thanks to media success
A CYCLING initiative aimed at getting older people out and about enjoying the outdoors hit the headlines earlier this year when we shared the news of the group’s latest triumph.
With the help of Norman Ridley – an 82-year-old tenant from Bield’s Quayside Court – Cycling without Age has successfully acquired their second trishaw thanks to a generous donation through The The Guildry Incorporation of Perth.
The group allows less mobile members of the community to enjoy Perth’s scenic surroundings thanks to the volunteer rickshaw drivers.
We expertly shared the news of the group’s continued success and managed to achieve:
- Features on key sector sites, Third Force News, Scottish Federation of Housing Association and Scottish Housing News – ensuring the news of Bield tenants reaches leading industry figures
- A front page slot with The Courier and regional coverage in the Perthshire Advertiser
- Coverage in the country’s leading lifestyle magazine, Scottish Field and top news site, Daily Record
- The was story shared across social media – reaching over 25,000 people on Facebook alone
- A total of over 200,000 opportunities to see
Sharing the news of Bield tenants is vital in maintaining their profile as a leading provider of quality housing for older people in Scotland
Bield developments allow tenants like Norman to retain their independence – whilst having help on hand when needed.
Why not find out how our charity PR team could help you tell the stories of your business?
We believe stories are at the heart of every business and organisation – expertly sharing the news of clients across a range of sectors.
Getting in touch couldn’t be easier – give us a call on 0131 561 2244 or take a few seconds to fill in the form below and one of the team will get straight back to you:
So how can we help?
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.